Thursday, May 7, 2009

These are the days...

My momma told me there would be days like this. She laughed when she said it, with an evil look in her eye and a strange look on her face. A look of knowing and bedevilment. I had no idea what she was talking about... no idea at all.

Of course now I am 43... have two charming daughters of my own, who get along about as well as oil and water... and I know exactly what my mother was thinking and doing when she said that to me. She was cursing me. Cursing me... her very own first born child...

So I hereby officially write it down for posterity (or however you spell that lovely word). Let it be known that I, Regi, hereafter known as cranky mom, do state for her two daughters... teen girl and dictator of the universe, that... there will be days like this! And may you be blessed abundently. May you both be overcome with a multitude of daughters of your very own. Little charmers with dancing eyes who fill your lives much as you have filled my life. Little girls... just like their mommas. *sprinkles holy water and fairy glitter around* let it be, let it be, let it be.

Woot! *throws fists into the air*

* drags herself off to find the coffee pot and a painkiller*

No comments:

Post a Comment